[WSIS CS-Plenary] proposed list of speakers for Tunis

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 13:08:30 BST 2005

Dear Friends.
The same observations I made even before the list was
even produced-for I did advise against having more
than one speaker from the same subregion talkless from
one country.
We all know that the Prep Com 3 is still a learning
process. So many things went wrong and can be improved
upon.
Most NGOS who had more opportunities than their
colleaques from other African Countries who had visa
problems coming to Geneva monopolised the process.
There are even those who who are foreign based and yet
pretend to represent their countrie of Origin.
In any event, in the months ahead, we shall push for a
serious over haul of ALL the process of the WSIS as it
relates to the CIVIL SOCEITY as a whole.
May I reiterate here and now that that THE DENIAL OF
VISA TO ACCREDITED DEPEGATES IS AKIN TO A DENIAL OF
THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION-COMMUNICATION WHICH
DEFINITELY NEGATES THE SPIRIT  AND PRINCIPLES OF THE
WSIS.
Good luck to all.

--- Laina Raveendran Greene <laina at getit.org> wrote:

> Hi Rik,
>
> I did send you another note, but thought for
> transparency sake, would ask on
> this list. I notice some organisations got more than
> 2  slots with some
> persons speaking more than once and some caucuses
> also more than 1. There is
> none from our caucus and I just wanted to know was
> there are reason for this
> kind of distribution. I know you have all the
> answers :> so I thought I
> would ask.
>
> Thanks,
> Laina
>
>   _____

Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com