[WSIS CS-Plenary] Speakers for Tunis

T N Anuradha t.n.anuradha at oneworld.net
Tue Oct 4 05:57:22 BST 2005

Dear Rik,
Thanks for your mail giving clarification on the selection procedure for
the speakers at Tunis.
.
Looking into your requirements, I think our nominees meet them all.
Probably the CS plenary may not have seen them face to face, but at
their own level within their communities they are at High Levels in
their organisation (Community Based Organisation)).  They are well aware
about the WSIS process and have been involved in the regional meetings
organised by Grassroots Caucus.  Their contributions towards building an
information society within their community is unparalleled. Ofcourse I
don't need to clarify on their ability to speak, with which they have
mobilised their own communities towards development.

I think its unrealistic to consider grassroots communities as mere
beneficiaries, but considered as prime movers/parcipants in  the whole
WSIS process.

Iam sure this would help you to consider one of the grassroots caucus
nominees to share their views at WSIS.

Regards
Anuradha
Grassroots Caucus