[WSIS CS-Plenary] Speaker Nomination - John Perry Barlow

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue Oct 4 20:28:00 BST 2005

I'd like to put forward the name of John Parry Barlow as a possible
speaker at the summit.

He's let me know that he'll be at the Summit, and would be keen to
speak  - that is, if the NGOs/CS would nominate him.

I've cc'd him on this message so that he can help answer any comments
and/or questions people might have.

his bio is as follows:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow>

John Perry Barlow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perry_Barlow

He is a co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation along with
fellow digital rights activists John Gilmore and Mitch Kapor. He
currently serves as vice-chairman of the EFF's board of directors. He
is a member of the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences
and is a Berkman Fellow at Harvard Law School. His writings include A
Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace and The Economy of Ideas.

Spanish info:

John Perry Barlow: "Toda cultura es naturalmente libre"
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/elpciboci/20050915elpciboci_1/Tes/

Regards

Robert