[WSIS CS-Plenary] Speakers for Tunis

conchita poncini conchita.poncini at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 5 17:24:26 BST 2005

MessageDear All,

Please read the comments I wrote below on this subject.  I am particularly sensitive to reaching out to the grassroos community and to vlaues and ethics as well as women's equal rights which entry to ICT is education.I urge that considerations be given to these caucuses objectively.  Thanks.

Maraming salamat sa iyo.  I really wanted to emphasize fairness, transparency, support for those without a voice and other values that would connect everyone.  To make hasty choices just because there is a deadline does not do justice to our declarations to be inclusive, cohesive, equal, peoples oriented, support the voiceless, the ICT illiterates but are doing great to help individual growth and development, etc.  I did not see the most important caucuses as Grassroots Caucuses, Ethics and Values, Women's Human Rights, Indigenous peoples..

Furthermore, there is no gender balance in the High Level Panel of speakers yet we have emphasized this in the plenary sessions.  If it is not gender balance (an absolute equality between women and men) at least gender equitable (a relative number that is faire and just and inclusive).

Chris, do you think we should bring attention to this anomaly to the leaders finally deciding.  After all it is not the CSB that is deciding.

Best regards and yours in solidarity,

Conchita