[WSIS CS-Plenary] MicroNations busy setting up root servers

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Mon Oct 10 14:14:02 BST 2005

Could your nation be next?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 01:22:31 -0400
From: Cesidio Tallini <hmcesidio at hotmail.com>
To: Cesidio Tallini <hmcesidio at hotmail.com>
Subject: Update on 5WC Root (Internet)

Just wanted to inform the micronational community that the Fifth World Community (5WC) Root has been working flawlessly since 30 September 2005, and because of recent agreements with our system ISP, and Milan's MIX (Milan Internet eXchange), Italy's largest Internet Exchange Point, we now have a much wider line bandwidth and improved line speed. All of this simply translates into a faster Internet, and higher capacity service.

The 5WC Root came into being because serious problems were discovered with the Public-Root, the root nameserver system where all 10 of our TLDs were born. In the wake of the Public-Root's fall from grace, issues of data security came to our attention as it became known that a well-known hacker was in charge of the Public-Root's master root server, and thus the privacy of financial data could have been seriously compromised. Public-Root officers also had relations with known organised crime figures, and we definitely did not wish to have anything to do with that.

As the King of TTF-Bucksfan, I do not feel responsible for my own citizens alone, a responsibility I do not take lightly because my nation isn't a simulation, and never really was in almost 7 years of existence. I also feel responsible for many other people as well, who place their trust in us, from Fifthworlders who also utilise the root server system we utilise to resolve our 10 special domains, to Italian monarchists who resolve the .savoia TLD, to Italians who resolve our .italiana TLD, to the alternative root technical community which also resolves our many dependable domains, and even use our alternative root mail server, the only one in the world working within an alternative root, and with alternative root email addresses as well. It was clear that the burden on my shoulders was too onerous to be taken lightly, and an alternative to the Public-Root had to be found.

We investigated another company that took advantage of the fall of the Public-Root to start another root, but I'm essentially a Public Official within my limited power and capacity, and I needed a reliable public service, a Fifth World service if possible, not a First World, and entirely commercially-minded one. After discovering that also this developing root had people who you could not trust, my brilliant and entirely trustworthy Italian IT and I were forced to start the 5WC Root, for the benefit of our independence and national security, as well as the independence and national security of other micronations, groups, and persons, who look to us for a solution of the problems of this world.

You and your nationals are welcome to use our Internet, and even discover the thrill of typing in odd URLs like http://root.5wc, and see them work just as well (actually they work better!) as URLs like http://5wc.ch! We have improved our 5WC Root home page with highly accessible DNS data about our root, and the site even gives you some instant information about your own computer, which you can use if your IP number changes frequently, and you perform DiGs yourself with your own computer from time to time. Enjoy our services, and spread the word about this reliable and trustworthy Internet!

http://root.cyberterra.com

Cesidio Tallini
King of TTF-Bucksfan
President of Fifth World Council
Founder and CEO of 5WC Root

---
Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/