[WSIS CS-Plenary] VISAS For Tunisia?

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Thu Oct 13 07:21:11 BST 2005

dear congo folk, and all

Several people are concerned about visas - and i can't find any
definitive information about this on the ITU website, and nothing on
the host country website.

I remember charles geiger mentioned during the CS orientation before
prepcom III, that all Tunisian embassies would be informed to
facilitate visas for civil society etc etc,  - and, that in some
cases, visas would be issued on entry? (this isn't clear to me)

It will be very difficult, if not impossible, for many to travel from
one country, via up to two others , hoping for ease of passage
en-route and a visa on entry in tunisia. Also, some will probably
need more than the generic letter from Amb Karklins on the ITU website

Any help, or a general clarification around visa questions would be
greatly appreciated, particularly:

- access to a list of all countries and what the visa requirements
are for the summit

- whether nationals will be able to travel without a visa, transiting
other countries, with the promise of getting one on entry

- can the WSIS secretariat assist with personalised letters of
invitation? (or will all tunisian embassies accept a copy of the
letter on the website with a copy of the WSIS registration letter>)

thanks a lot
karen