[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS speakers from ITU for opening, roundtable and high level panel

Tracey Naughton tracey at traceynaughton.com
Thu Oct 13 07:21:33 BST 2005

Hello

It was stated in two Content and Themes meetings, several other
places and to various individuals, that  Adama Samassékou was going
to be speaking at the end of the Summit. This was known and
transmitted during PrepCom 3. Further, it was stated that though he
was honoured to have been considered for his active engagement in
civil society, he knew  his allegiance with the government /
diplomatic sphere would place him in a situation he did not want to
be in.

I note that people who were present in the Content and Themes meeting
engaged anyway in the discussion about  Adama Samassékou.

It was also stated at Content and Themes in the presence of the ITU
representative, that this could be considered a strong appreciation
for the consistent approach to multi-stakeholderism taken by  Adama
Samassékou from the outset of WSIS, though we knew he could not
accept it as a direct invitation. I have no doubt his solidarity with
civil society will be reflected in what he says in the final stage of
the WSIS process.

Tracey Naughton

Tracey Naughton

(to November 9, 05)