[WSIS CS-Plenary] who's who - confirmed!

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:56:59 BST 2005

Interesting also to note that the honourable member of the Tunisian Senate
is responding through OUR Civil Society list. I wonder if we could all
subscribe to their Tunisian government list.

... then again, he does say that being a member of the Senate does not in
the least diminish his belonging to "Tunisian, Maghrebian, African and
international Civil Society". If you extend that theory ...

This raises serious concerns about delicate matters/ opinions sometimes
aired on this and other Civil Society lists.

Whereas I am NOT advocating that such people should not be on this list
(Freedom of Expression should come before all else), I do remind members
that after what happened at Hammamet PrepCom 1, the Human Rights caucus took
steps to ensure the legitimacy of those wanting to subscribe to its list as
you can see from their site http://www.iris.sgdg.org/actions/smsi/hr-wsis/
under "who should join".

Rui

Rui Correia
Coordinator, Southern Africa WSIS Partnership
(Media Institute of Southern Africa, SACOD, Highway Africa)
38 Finch St,
Ontdekkers Park, Roodepoort,
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel/ Fax (+27-11) 766-4336