[WSIS CS-Plenary] Fwd: For an Interactive Dialogue to ensure ICT Access for All - WSIS Parallel Event - Tunis 17 November 2005

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Thu Oct 13 18:58:28 BST 2005

Sigh -

It only gets worse... Here's copy of a message my organization just
got from ECOSOC in regards to an event they are organizing in Tunis @
WSIS.

Looking at the program, and attached documents - my fears are
confirmed...Well known Tunisian actors are present throughout the
program, as well as General Ammar - who is well known his  human
rights record...

Again, I make the point that CS speakers should, must - clearly
identify all the organizations that they are part of. There needs to
be clear disclosure. Otherwise, appearances aren't what they seem.

If you take the publicly known information about certain Tunisian
actors and take it into consideration, one can clearly see how
"embedded" Tunisian parliamentarians are not only in CS but also in
key events at the summit.

This advertised event seems to build on the development at prepcom3
where UN agencies and security apparatus where manipulated...sigh!

Note the session is called  "an interactive dialogue"...I am curious
who they will dialogue with..

regards

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)