[WSIS CS-Plenary] Summit CS Media guidelines for comment

KovenRonald at aol.com KovenRonald at aol.com
Sat Oct 15 22:50:55 BST 2005

Dear Tracey --

Do what you like, but it seems to me this would turn you into some sort of
media cop on behalf of the authorities. The job description calls upon you to
tell people holding press conferences what they can or can't say -- not exactly
facilitation of free speech. You'd have a hard time reconciling duties of the
kind described with membership in Civil Society generally or the Media Caucus
in particular.

The job description calls for a fulltimer, meaning you would have problems
doing much else, in any case. It seems to me that that represents the perfect
opening for you to back out, on grounds that you are going to the summit for
other, time-consuming activities as well.

Best, Rony