[WSIS CS-Plenary] REGISTRATION ISSUES (was: Re Re : Richard and Elizabeth, Please Take Note).

Respectful_Interfaces respectful_interfaces at att.net
Sun Oct 16 15:43:48 BST 2005

Apologies for not sending this directly to Richard and Elizabeth, which was
the intent (intent to change addressee field). Nonetheless, it is a fact
that some NGOs have not been able, at this date,  to register for WSIS. We
hope that there is a password for doing so via the Web, and that Elizabeth,
who has volunteered to help, has been able to find it, and pass it to
Richard, who can register our civil society NGO. The CCC/UN is accredited to
WSIS, that is.  But not registered, due to problems using the Registration
Page (online).  Other Members of our Board may wish to attend if advance
registration is possible, and several of us have sent out messages to some
here about not yet being able to do so. Perhaps as an alternative to
online/password processes, we might send in a letter. but still would need
confirmation.*   There are provisions for arriving letter-in-hand but this
seems impractical on several sides. (?).

Again, this note was not complete when the email client managed to send it
out; sorry for not erasing addressee field and starting again, before
sending on this note as intended. to share Sylvia's good news post and the
prospects indicated.

Nonetheless, you have a glimpse into our group which even when there might
be some confusion, proceeds in the spirit of partnership as presumptively
all do here, in order to fully participate in the world in broad and the ICT
world in particular, as we are about communications and communication as
well as other values and modalities of inclusion.

P.S.. * If others can help with registration (pre-registration) please pass
on the information to this e-address.  This will be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Dr. L. D. Misek-Falkoff
For Identification here: Secretary (Officer) and Member of the Board,
Communications Coordination Committee for the U.N..