[WSIS CS-Plenary] Shirin Ebadi speech (if accepted)

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Oct 17 13:47:52 BST 2005

Il giorno lun, 17-10-2005 alle 13:16 +0200, Meryem Marzouki ha scritto:
> It is obvious that Shirin Ebadi would be briefed with the main issues
> and concerns addressed by civil society at WSIS since 2002. Since the
> HR caucus proposed her name, and got many supports, it is obviously the
> first duty of the HR caucus to brief her on that. But it is not
> reasonable to ask for a meeting between her and thousands of persons...

Let's be practical: we could arrange a couple of things:

1) ask each caucus to pick three issues and describe them in one
sentence, and then forward these lists to Ms. Ebadi;

2) set up a short meeting between her and one person per caucus (the
coordinator, I guess) - that would be, I guess, 20 people or so, so
nothing unmanageable.

Then, of course, she will listen and decide what to include in the
speech.