[WSIS CS-Plenary] Shirin Ebadi speech (if accepted)

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Mon Oct 17 13:40:53 BST 2005

What is the real chance of getting Shirin for our opening speaker?

Highly likely?  Hard to predict?

AND, perhaps, the issue as now develops may not only be applied
to Shirin, but to some or all other CS speakers as well.

Personally, I like to have a reasonable amount of coordination,
but not too strict. The speakers also should have some kind
of autonomy. What I wanted in my earlier note is that
s/he will do their best to "listen" but not take all the elements,
or even "balanced" output per se. She may drop certain issue
at her own judgement, no problem.

In any case I think "conditional support" is not healthy, and
the two caucus/WG supports didn't seem, at least to me, to
be conditional, but just conveyed their standpoints which
is reasonable.

Many thanks Meryem for your continued effort. After all
we could not have this kind of positive support without
your effort in bringing her to the podium.

izumi