[WSIS CS-Plenary] Where's the host country agreement - MIA...

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Oct 22 14:47:03 BST 2005

On 22-Oct-05, at 3:11 AM, Claudia Padovani wrote:

> Ciao to all,
> I would suggest CONGO could do something useful (probably they have
> already
> plans): as soon as the country agreement is made public, could we
> have a
> short document, circulated as widely as possible, with a listing of
> basics
> in the agreement and practical indication for procedures,
> requirements ecc,
> concerning the different events/actions we may be involved in: from
> diffusion of printed materials to public gatherings outside WSIS
> premises?

I am not sure why the host country agreement isn't yet available , as
it was signed the first week of the prepcom in sept.

that being said, it is a UN document and thus should be made
available by the ITU - that's their job.

CS should look at it, and get expert opinion and comment from legal
experts in CS and friendly diplomats . We need to know what the fine
print says, specifically  what types of rights, privileges and
obligations we have.  CS will no doubt want to push the envelope -
and as such we will need to be proactive and have good relations with
UN member states . We've had issues with the host country (Tunisia)
and UN officials already - thanks to them a statement was read at the
closing prepcom in Sept.

regards

Robert