[WSIS CS-Plenary] CSDPTT proposals to Tunis documents

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Tue Sep 6 00:44:33 BST 2005

Jean-Louis:

thanks for your comments. much appreciated.

Given the long standing vis-a-vis the ITU, I - personally, wouldn't
support the call for giving a prominent role to the ITU. Then again,
it's just my personal view. I'm keen to hear what others think...

I'll put forward a suggestion - get CS to first see if the ITU is
willing to reform certain of it's practices vis-a-vis Civil Society -
- There's much people have written about this already, especially
those on the governance list...

I'll just point out one issue that is always raised - that being the
terribly expensive pricing they put on reports and documents they
produce. If we want the ITU to change then,let's propose a position
that civil society has already articulated - than being that
creative commons license or even better a GNU type license be
adopted. Would the ITU go for it? we should try..

regards,

Robert

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>