[WSIS CS-Plenary] SV: [Pwd] communication gap

Kicki Nordström kino at iris.se
Thu Sep 22 12:29:37 BST 2005

Dear all,

It is most unfortunate that language should divide people with disabilities (PWD) over the globe, when we have one common gole, to have a society accessible for all without discrimination.

Most of us do not speak English and use it because this is the only way for us to communicate with the rest of our world since English has become the UN language and an international trade language. It has taken many of us years to learn English, so as we can connect with likeminded in the world.

It does not serve any good to divide disability interests into different language groups. If English, is not understood, we can not harm our course by divide us in language groups, let us instead use interpreters! Many PWD could have a good job also by being hired as interpreter as the unemployment is so common among PWD.

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
World Blind Union