[WSIS CS-Plenary] UPDATE Re: The Public-Root, criminal behaviour reported to Turkish President

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Sat Sep 24 04:38:13 BST 2005

>>> andrew.calabrese at colorado.edu 09/23/05 5:11 PM >>>
>Thank you Joe. I'll follow Elizabeth's advice and delete your
>postings. I didn't mean to project arrogance, but you clearly
>received it that way, and I'm sorry for that.

Andrew:
I think your initial message was quite appropriate. Baptista and his
spam helped to destroy some of the open, unmoderated ICANN-related lists
several years ago. Let's hope the same fate doesn't befall WSIS-Plenary

Many people from that period filter his weird and false messages, which
seem designed to distract others or provide an outlet for paranoid
fantasies. His latest fantasy is that a group of people running an
alternate root are somehow connected to me, Michael Froomkin and Karl
Auerbach. I can say categorically that I have no connection with
Baptista or his "Public-Root" crew, and have never "taken money" from
them, and doubt seriously whether they have any money to to take. I also
doubt seriously whether Froomkin or Auerbach have anything to do with
him either, as they are familiar with his antics from ICANN lists.