[WSIS CS-Plenary] speaking slots for summit

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Sep 24 07:36:53 BST 2005

again, i remind the plenary (as well as the bureau) of an item that I
have mentioned - ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS - for the PAST MONTHS - that
by EARLY OCT CS needs to develop and submit a list of specific names
for high level panels and rountables that will take place at the summit.

This issue of speakers was mentioned at the governmental bureau on
friday. Specifically, the ITU SG (Itsumi) mentioned that the ITU at
the moment is seeking recommendations from all stakeholders as well
as governments on who could participate and speak at the events.

CS was asked to identify speakers for a few months now. However,
little to no action has been taken by CS in this regards. CS should
take up the offer to suggest speakers. if not, we run the risk that
the iTU and WSIS ES will identify speakers for us.

let's move on this issue.

--
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>
Director, Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)