[WSIS CS-Plenary] Plenary: Reporting and discussion

Richard Vincent cmvince at isugw.indstate.edu
Sat Sep 24 17:35:05 BST 2005

Dear friends,

A new list may be possible, as Karen suggests.  Another approach, however, may be for those not directly interested to simply change their subscription options to the once a day digest version.  That too would reduce the frequency of messages.  Just a thought...

Rick

Dr. Richard C. Vincent
Professor
Department of Communication
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, IN 47809
U.S.A.

email: rvincent at indstate.edu
telephone: +1 812 237-3246
fax: +1 812 237-3217
>>> karenb at gn.apc.org 09/24/05 10:49 AM >>>
[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]

Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of this message!
in geneva - not because they are not interested in following the process,
but because the volume of the list is simply too high.

This always happens during prepcom as we use the list intensively for
discussions, planning, drafting, reporting  - some of which is very
important to those of us present, but which has a very short 'shelf-life'
and is not very useful to those following remotely.

I was wondering if it would be useful to create a new list which would
simply be for reports, drafts of statements and final statements.

For example, anyone who is monitoring sub-committee, reports from the CS
bureau meetings, reports from meetings with government delegatations etc.

I think people participating remotely would miss the 'sense' or 'feel' of
the process, but if this was important, they would need to stay subscribed
to the plenary.

I would be happy to put some time into this, for example, by liaising with
monitors of sub-committee, our working group focal points etc, and posting
reports to this new list with clear subject lines - and - to post copies of
reports that have been written to date.

the list could be called plenary-reports (or something similar)

karen