SV: [WSIS CS-Plenary] SV: [Pwd] Open Forum on the Role of ICT for Disaster Preparedness of Persons with Disabilities, 15:00-17:00 22 September, Palais des Nations Room XXII with English-French SI

Kicki Nordström kino at iris.se
Sun Sep 25 17:00:34 BST 2005

Dear unknown person,

We are not talking about medical errors, we are talking about how to inform persons with different disabilities in a mergency situation! I still think it is inappropriate to consult doctors and professionals working in the field of disability when it comes to communication, PWD themselves shall always be consulted, we are the stakeholders and know the best of how we can communicate with existing technology. However, new and future ICT may give us even better opportunities and we welcome all atempts to develop new technology that can serve all people in an information society, system which are useable for all on an equal basis.

Yours
Kicki

Kicki Nordström
World Blind Union