[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Letter  To African Caucus

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 27 22:36:21 BST 2005

Dear Yocads
my best congrtulations for your letter and especially its pertinent content.
I often raised these barriers you mention to the dissemination of ICTs in Africa, and further to the very development of this continent.
I also raised these issues with M. Hamadoun Touré (Director, ITU-D) who responded "politely" to my statements and to my proposals. In particular I proposed a methodology for ICT network planning and implementing based on cross-sectoral synergy (I called this Inter Network Synergy) which is aimed at dramatically reducing the investment costs especially for ICT networks. Moreover, there are also mutual fertilization opportunities if synergy is embedded in the very planning activity.
However, all these important issues weren't seen as to be prone for being integrated in the ITU -D agenda, nor in the WSIS documents durng the log lasting WSIS process. And backing from CS in general and African CS organizations also was regretably missing.
I'd be happy to discuss all these isues with you if you are attending PrepCom-3 or through e-mail
Please excuse my limited English
and best regards
Jean-Louis Fullsak
CSDPTT
www.csdptt.org

> Message du 27/09/05 15:59
> De : "Yocads Yocads"
> A : plenary at wsis-cs.org
> Copie à :
> Objet : [WSIS CS-Plenary] Letter  To African Caucus
>

> Dear  All,
>
> It  is now  time  to realize  the potential   of the  African  Youth .  It   is  impossible  to  effect  development in ITC  without   the  participation and  youthful labour force.
> Africa  can   turn  our  digital  divide  into   digital opportunity  by  acknowledging  and   supporting  the  youth for the present  and  the future.
>
> I  hereby submit  this letter On  behalf  of Young People Of  Africa who are  living in Africa  not out of  Africa to The   Chairman Of  African Caucus.
>

> Zolu  Gobah
> Member THIMUN YOUTH NETWORK DELEGATION
> Prepcom 3 Geneva

Yahoo! for Good