[WSIS CS-Plenary] another try at the protest statement

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 27 22:56:12 BST 2005

Hi,

At the CS plenary of 27 September, the C&T appointed drafting team of
the protest statement where unable to get full support for a
statement of protest.  This was partly based on the understandable
hope that the porous border policy of ambiguity would be sufficient
for meaningful CS participation.  Yesterday's events have convinced
many that this policy will not do.  I was asked to recycle the
statement one more time for consideration by the plenary.

Note: since i was listed as the point of contact on the draft version
I have already been contacted by the press asking if that was our
statement, i pointed out that it was still a draft.  The point is,
they expect us to react.

I have made some minor edits to the statement based on the current
realities, and am asking the plenary to adopt it as a CS statement of
protest against the conditions that we and other non-governemental
participants are being subjected to.

thanks
a.