[WSIS CS-Plenary] WSIS implementation and follow-up meetings

Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Fri Apr 28 11:33:33 BST 2006

Dear Karen and all,

Thanks for this message. We actually just had a meeting with Charles Geiger,
WSIS ED, who is still playing an important role in the post-Summit context,
in particular in coordinating activities related to the implementation at
the international level.

Registration and badging between 11 and 19 May 2006

How to register for badging for Action Line Facilitation (ALF) meetings?

There will be only one single badging system for the whole range of WSIS
implementation meetings between 11 and 19 May. Such a common badge will be
valid for the 9 action line facilitation (ALF) meetings, and might also be
accepted for the IS Day ceremony (tbc) on 17 May and the IGF Consultation on
19 May.

Participants therefore have to register at least to the first meeting they
want to attend, and the badge obtained for this first meeting will be valid
for all following ALF meetings, wherever they take place (Palais des
Nations, ITU or CICG).

As mentioned by Karen, the various registration forms are available on the
WSIS ES website (www.itu.int/wsis/implementation/index.html) and at
www.csbureau.org/posttunis.htm.

You are also advised to register for all other ALF meetings you want to
participate. This will help organisers in their task.

How/Where to pick up your badge?

If the first ALF meeting you would like to attend takes place in the Palais
des Nations, you will have to pick up your badge at the Villa Feuillantines
(UNOG Security, http://www.itu.int/wsis/implementation/wisd/map.pdf). If the
first ALF meeting you would like to attend is at ITU, you will have to pick
up your badge at ITU-Montbrillant building (provided by ITU Staff,
http://www.itu.int/aboutitu/reach_itu/c2.html).

To get your badge, you will have to provide a copy of your registration to
the first meeting you would like to attend and of course an official
identity document (valid passport, ID card) with photo.

Comprehensive information related to badging is now available on the WSIS ES
Website at the following link:
http://www.itu.int/wsis/implementation/wisd/index.html (scroll down after
the events calendar!).

Badging for other meetings

Other meetings will be subject to specific badging systems:

The ITU-UNESCO Global Symposium on Promoting the Multilingual Internet (9-11
May, CICG) is not directly related to WSIS implementation at the
international level and will therefore manage its own registration and
badging system (online registration:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/worksem/multilingual).

The UN 9th session of the CSTD will have its own registration system for
NGOs in ECOSOC consultative status. More information will be circulated soon
about the CSTD session.

Orientation session to the cluster of post WSIS events

CONGO is planning to convene a two hour orientation session for NGOs on
Monday 15 May during lunch time (13:00-15:00). More information will be
circulated soon on the venue and programme.

Regular or daily CS meetings would still be useful due to the high number of
meetings. Several options are still open, depending on the number of CS
participants coming in Geneva. We need further information on how many among
you intend to participate.

Please find attached the latest version of the provisional program of
meetings. Do not hesitate to come back to us for any further information.
Best regards,

Philippe

Philippe Dam

CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat

11, Avenue de la Paix

CH-1202 Geneva

Tel: +41 22 301 1000

Fax: +41 22 301 2000

E-mail: wsis at ngocongo.org

Website: www.ngocongo.org <http://www.ngocongo.org/>

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org