[governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Meeting on preparation of IGFmeeting in Greece - 15 February

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Feb 12 13:50:03 GMT 2006

Izumi AIZU ha scritto:
> If this IGF and any other "new process" really mean multi-stakeholder,
> then all the stakeholders should be given the equal opportunity to
> participate, as a first matter of principle. Geneva-Greece logistical
> process is too Europe centric and even harmful. Many colleagues
> in the south face much worse situations.

Speaking with the Greek government, I would also add one more concern
with the rumour reported by Wolfgang, about the meeting being hosted not
in Athens but in Rhodes... which would mean for non-Europeans (and for
many Europeans as well!) one or two flights to a major European hub,
then one more flight to Athens, then one more domestic flight to Rhodes.
It would take me about 15 hours of travel from Torino, Italy... just
imagine from Far East, Africa or Latin America.

May we ask to those who will attend the meeting to kindly summarize the
various observations made in this thread and to submit them on our behalf?

Thanks,