[WSIS CS-Plenary] Consultations on the convening of the IGF

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Jan 14 22:48:48 GMT 2006

To be honest, my personal view is that the link between CS & PS is at
best - weak. There is no real mechanism for dialogue.

The exchanges and "conversations" that happened in the past were seen
by many to be closed and not transparent at all. For example, if one
looks - one can not find the announcements and minutes of the
meetings....

If the outcome of the WSIS process is the "development and maturation
of the  multi-stakeholder process" , then communications channels
between CS and the other stakeholders will need to be far more open,
transparent and participatory. I think there is much potential for
collaboration on numerous issues , HOWEVER, it will be a challenge to
ensure the dialogue is in fact open, transparent, accessible and
participatory.

regards,

Robert

--