[WSIS CS-Plenary] Next session of CSTD 15-19 May

Robert Guerra rguerra.guerra at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 00:48:08 GMT 2006

Realistically it takes about a year and a half to go through all the
paperwork and approvals required to obtain consultation status with ECOSOC.
I say this, as that's how long it took CPSR...

It takes a while and requires a rather lengthy process to complete.

The pros - well, it's easier to access UN venues and participate at events
that follow ECOSOC accreditation rules (not all UN agencies do..)

Personally, I must say it's a bit of a farse that only ECOSOC accredited
organizations seem to be allowed to participate in a meeting that is the
result of WSIS. If anything BOTH ECOSOC and organizations that were
accredited in the WSIS process should be allowed in. I would hope that
groups such as CONGO and others will lobby hard for the meeting to be
reflective of the WSIS principles of inclusion - and not exclusion.

regards,

Robert