[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE: [WSIS CS-Plenary] Répondre: [CS Bureau] TR: G-77 draft of ECOSOC resolution on CSTD

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Mon Jul 17 09:36:03 BST 2006

Tijani,

This concerns all NGOs. The note sent by Francis is quite self-explanatory
regarding the reasons of the uncertainty of our participation in informals
today. It must be underlined that NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC
and WSIS accredited NGOs (invited by ECOSOC chair as observers to post-WSIS
related meetings at ECOSOC) had exactly the same rights to speak, contribute
and attend the official meeting last Monday and the informal
consultations/negotiations from Tuesday to Thursday (no consultation on
Friday). The discussions were so far pretty open in my view, and some
proposals we made were also included in the text.

We are actually entering into the last and difficult part of the
negotiations, as you can see with the proposed amendments circulated by G77
on Friday. By the way, note that these proposed amendments have not yet been
discussed with other States, and it should be the focus of today's and
tomorrow's informal consultations.

Best,

Philippe