[WSIS CS-Plenary] CSTD session Tuesday 18 July

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:39:08 BST 2006

Dear Francis,

Very interesting and timely reading; thank you so much for your energies
sending us all this report.  It is amazing and much appreciated that you can
keep us informed *in real time,* along with every matter and event, in
multiple geographies, that  you are covering; a really full slate..

When it comes to moving Information Technologies (and concepts) out to
people, or peoples, the significance of the Civil Society input to every
post-WSIS phase will surely emerge.  Even then it may be a struggle to have
multi-stakeholder *voices* heard, here as elsewhere, it is some continuing
comfort and encouragement to know that you and Renata and other colleagues
are persistent, and clearly effective and for so many.

And as brought out in the Global Disability fora both in Geneva and Tunis, I
feel sure you are bearing in mind that access and *inter-connectivity* is
very important to persons with disabilities, along with everyone else.
Thinking of persons in society with different sorts of communications needs
and situations, again - along with everyone else -  is always a big help and
inherently promotes mutual uinderstanding as well as observable 'capacity
building.'.

So thank you for representing, among other factors, a large population of
persons who actually will be using IT (we hope!) and must have the needs,
wants, and expectations (as well as practicalities) expressed all along.
Reading your posts which are like a "you are there journal," we all who are
reading really benefit from this news and are grateful for the commitment
the CS people have, raising confidence and safeguarding goals-and-high-hopes
even though the work is daunting and probably will never be over.

If there are other, related online discussion lists delivering such timely
reports, please add my e-address.

Best wishes, at your service, and *Respectfully Interfacing*, Linda.
--
Dr. L. D. Misek-Falkoff (Ph.D., J.D.) InterNetizen, ARPANet-Internet 45+
years..

 ----- respondiong  to: ----
Dr. Francis MUGUET <muguet at mdpi.org> (wrote:)

> Hello
>
> This Tuesday session was most disappointing.
> Its began with the surprising appearance of Achani who
> came to communicate the delegates its "worry" of
> seing so many paragraphs still in brackets, and the
> slow progress of the negotiations.
> We were then expecting Karklins to give CS the floor,
> as its happenned yesterday and as promised
> ( unless the promise was made only for one day ...  ;-( !  ),
> but there was no such sign from the chair, and
> so the  "intergovernemental" negotiation began. ..

[ldmf-note: please see original, full  post).