[WSIS CS-Plenary] CSTD session Tuesday 18 July

Dr. Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Mon Jul 24 15:52:10 BST 2006

Dear Linda
c/c and others who posted similar things privately

>   Reading your posts which are like a "you are there journal," we all
> who are reading really benefit from this news and are grateful for the
> commitment the CS people have, raising confidence and safeguarding
> goals-and-high-hopes even though the work is daunting and probably
> will never be over.

Well thanks ,  but the picture is very bleak.
Civil Society stands to loose all past gains obtained during WSIS, because
of  close-minded diplomats, jet fresh from New York, that are simply
ignorant about the WSIS truly was.

I met Thursday and Friday in Paris,
the minister of Telecom. of Senegal,
( who happenned, by chance, to be in Paris, for a satellite telecom
conference )
the one who precisely led personnally the delegation of Senegal at WSIS
and got the recognition of the Digital Solidarity Fund.
Whatever the opinion one may have concerning the DSF,
the Digital Solidarity Fund can work only within a multi-stakeholder
approach,
it follows that the states that are members of the DSF
http://www.dsf-fsn.org/en/06-en.htm
should support a strong multi-stakeholder approach....
but I am still very worried.

> If there are other, related online discussion lists delivering such
> timely reports, please add my e-address.

no, so far, I  am sending all my  ECOSOC meeting reports to the plenary.

If you want to be kept updated of all my language suggestions and notes
then go to the http://wsis-pct.org  or http://wsis-si.org
first topic of actuality.

I am not sure I will be able to come to Geneva, tomorrow on Tuesday,
bacause of previous commitments, may be on Wednesday.

The more there are CS people attending the ECOSOC negotiations,
 the better is, at least if they are allowed to speak   :-(  !

Best regards

Francis

> Best wishes, at your service, and *Respectfully Interfacing*, Linda.
> --
> Dr. L. D. Misek-Falkoff (Ph.D., J.D.) InterNetizen, ARPANet-Internet
> 45+ years..

Francis F. MUGUET Ph.D

MDPI Foundation Open Access Journals
Associate Publisher
http://www.mdpi.org   http://www.mdpi.net
muguet at mdpi.org       muguet at mdpi.net

ENSTA   Paris, France
KNIS lab.  Director
"Knowledge Networks & Information Society" (KNIS)
muguet at ensta.fr   http://www.ensta.fr/~muguet

World Summit On the Information Society (WSIS)
Civil Society Working Groups
Scientific Information :  http://www.wsis-si.org  chair
Patents & Copyrights   :  http://www.wsis-pct.org co-chair
Financing Mechanismns  :  http://www.wsis-finance.org web