[WSIS CS-Plenary] RE ATHENS IGF 2006

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Jul 31 00:57:17 BST 2006

Hello.

14 July, The United Nations Secretary-General formally announced the
convening of the inaugural meeting of the Internet Governance Forum
to be held in Athens on the 30th October - 2nd November.

Mr Annan's letter, in all UN languages, is available from
<http://www.intgovforum.org/> Note that he invites all stakeholders
to  participate in the meeting.

IGF secretariat will make information about registration available
soon (hopefully this week.)  Information for visas should be
available when the registration process is announced.

Regarding accreditation, the intention as I understand it is to
follow the format used for IGF (and earlier WGIG) consultations:
people with WSIS/ECOSOC accreditation will be accredited
automatically, other entities and persons with proven expertise and
experience in matters related to Internet governance may apply to
register as participants.

Thanks,

Adam