[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS Nom Com for the Global Alliance Strategy Council - Call for volunteers and nominees

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Mon May 8 10:30:00 BST 2006

Dear all,

As mentioned in my previous e-mails, we set up a CS self nomination process
for the Global Alliance Strategy Council. The 5 members of the Nom Com will
be randomly selected among a pool of volunteers who announced their interest
before 9 May. We have so far 21 volunteers: we still need a couple of
volunteers for the Nom Com so that the selection process is really random!
We previously mentioned that we should have at least 25 volunteers, but the
more volunteers we have, the more representative the NomCom will be. I call
you to volunteer as soon as possible, anyway by tomorrow, at
wsis at ngocongo.org, with the following information:

Name:
NGO or CS affiliation:
Country:
E-Mail address:

In addition, we have received pretty few nominations for the Strategy
Council itself. The deadline for nomination to the CS Nom Com is 10 May. If
the Nom Com has not enough nominations to make a choice of 15 to 20
recommended names, as previously announced, the process would be terminated
without any recommendation emanating from CS constituencies. As we initially
announced, this is a distinct process from the nomination to the UN DESA. I
therefore also repeat my call to self-nominate or nominate CS persons for
membership to the Global Alliance Strategy Council. Send your nomination at
wsis at ngocongo.org NO LATER THAN 10 MAY 2006, 4:00 p.m. GMT / 6:00 p.m.
Geneva Time with the following information:

Name:

CS Affiliation(s):

Country:

Gender:

Age:

Biographical Statement:

Vision of their specific contribution to the GA Strategy Council:

I am aware that a list of nominations received by UN DESA is now available
on line. However, it is somewhat difficult to identify Civil Society
constituencies among this list. That is why I call you to work with the CS
Nom Com process, in addition to any nomination you would have made.

All the information about the process is available on the CONGO
<http://www.ngocongo.org/index.php?what=news&id=10220>  website. I'll post
the details about the random selection process early this afternoon.

Best,

Philippe

Philippe Dam
CONGO - WSIS CS Secretariat
11, Avenue de la Paix
CH-1202 Geneva
Tel: +41 22 301 1000
Fax: +41 22 301 2000
E-mail:  <mailto:wsis at ngocongo.org> wsis at ngocongo.org
Website:  <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org> www.ngocongo.org

The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, membership association
that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United Nations debates and
decisions. Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is to ensure the
presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments and United
Nations agencies on issues of global concern.  For more information see our
website at www.ngocongo.org <blocked::http://www.ngocongo.org/>