[WSIS CS-Plenary] Opportunities to comment & send videos to the IGF!

Rik Panganiban rikp at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 1 08:28:58 GMT 2006

Colleagues,

There are a couple of opportunities to report on your views and
activities at the IGF in Athens, which finishes tomorrow (thursday.)

Morning Reporting
There is a one hour session "summing up" session tomorrow morning,
where any new initiatives emerging from civil society can get
announced, particularly if they are associated with a side-event
occuring here.  This is a good opportunity to announce any new
projects or coalitions you are involved with.

Videos of Prepared Statements
I just checked in with the IGF secretariat here in Athens.  They
apparently have not received many video submissions are still
interested in posting videos of prepared statements on the IGF
website and at the venue. But you need to send them in quickly.

If you have a webcam, and have five minutes of something to say,
consider recording a video and sending it in over the next day or
so.  Unfortunately they only support DVD and WMV. formats.  The
easiest way to get your views known is to email a link to the video
posted to the web somewhere to the address igf at unog.ch.

Here's the info from the secretariat: http://www.intgovforum.org/
athens_outline.htm

> Prepared Statements
>
> One of the principles behind the meeting is to allow for
> interactive discussion of the issues before the IGF and to minimize
> the time given to prepared statements. The importance of prepared
> statements is recognized, however, and provisions will be made for
> the video recording and broadcasting of all statements.
> Participants can submit a recorded five minute statement that will
> be made available on the IGF Web site and also broadcast at the
> venue on in a loop on three plasma screens for participants to
> hear. Those who are interested are encouraged to provide these
> statements both in video (specification: DVD format .vob files
> (region 2) or .wmv format (384x288 resolution for streaming) ) and
> in written document form.

Go here to find out about other remote participation opportunities:
http://www.intgovforum.org/index.htm .

Regards,

Rik

Rik Panganiban
Program Coordinator
Necessary Knowledge for a Democratic Public Sphere
Social Science Research Council
810 Seventh Avenue, 31st Floor
New York NY 10019
PH: 212.377.2700 x 644