[WSIS CS-Plenary] Review of CSB bureau

NURSES ACROSS THE BORDERS nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 18:08:02 BST 2006

Well done Phillipe, for your reportage, sorry I had no
time to meet and discuss with you on one one before
leaving Paris, we shall meet in Athens if I can afford
it,
You have our support;
Pastor Peters

--- WSIS <wsis at ngocongo.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Some members of the Civil Society Bureau to the
> World Summit on the Information Society have
> informally discussed during lunchtime today, on the
> occasion of the UNESCO lead Action Line Facilitation
> meetings taking place in Paris. Since the question
> of civil society self-organising mechanisms in the
> up coming WSIS implementation and follow-up
> processes has been raised on this list, the general
> agreement among those participating in the
> discussion was that CSB members who are still
> committed and active in the process should continue
> to deal with immediate support to CS inclusion in
> the up coming events, to fill the existing needs and
> emerging expectations expressed by CS entities,
> Governments and intergovernmental partners.
>

> The question of the adaptation of the CSB or of any
> CSB-like structure in the following steps should be
> agreed by May 2007 at the occasion of the expectedly
> wide CS gathering during the up coming cluster of
> WSIS implementation and follow-up events. The
> discussion on the future composition, and even most
> importantly on the role of this structure, should be
> carried on by the WSIS CSB members from now until
> May 2007, in an inclusive manner with other CS
> entities involved in the process.
>

> We surely can go in this direction asap. This issue
> was also discussed among a wider group of CS
> representatives at the end of the day.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Philippe Dam

   Pastor Peters OMORAGBON
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC)
Member(OBSERVER),United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
295, IKORODU ROAD, IDIROKO BUS STOP MARYLAND IKEJA LAGOS NIGERIA
350, MAIN STREET, EAST ORANGE NEW JERSEY 07018 U.S.A
Tel:+234-1-812-8649, +234-1-818-6494,+234-802-308-5408(Mobile)
FAX:+234-1-493-7203
Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com