[WSIS CS-Plenary] TR: UNCTAD Expert Meeting "Using ICTs to achieve growth and development", Geneva 4-5 December

Jean-Louis FULLSACK jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 20 20:29:29 BST 2006

Dear Philippe
Many thanks for your efforts to keep us informed about all these events held in the framework of WSIS and its follow-up.
Once more I deeply regret that a meeting organized in the framework of WSIS follow-up is only "half open" as is the UNCTAD meeting in Geneva next month. Indeed, it invites only those organizations with UNCTAD status (general or special) to participate in these meetings, whereas the Tunis Summit declared that the follow-up process will be inclusive and multistakeholder based.
Will CS organisations involved in WSIS follow-up be future "multicard organizations", each of the WSIS Action Line Coordinator/facilitator having its own rules for its relationship to CS, and hence demanding its own specific accreditation procedures (time + paper) be applied on them.

At the moment being I intend to participate to these meetings but I'm still reluctant for asking for a UNCTAD status that will take too much time in my agenda.
BTW : could we get a french/spanish version of these official documents ?
Friendly yours
Jean-Louis Fullsack
CSDPTT - France

> Message du 20/10/06 10:27
> De : "CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam"
> A : plenary at wsis-cs.org, bureau at wsis-cs.org
> Copie à : "'CONGO - Philippe Dam'" , "'Renate Bloem'"
> Objet : [WSIS CS-Plenary] TR: UNCTAD Expert Meeting "Using ICTs to achieve growth and development", Geneva 4-5 December

Just for clarification regarding the meeting announcement I circulated yesterday:
The Expert Meeting on “Using ICTs to achieve growth and development” is not a WSIS Action Line Facilitation meeting, but is being held further to a decision taken by the UNCTAD Commission on Enterprise, Business Facilitation and Development at its tenth session. The Meeting is organized jointly by UNCTAD, ILO and OECD, in the framework of UNCTAD’s contribution to the WSIS follow-up through its e-commerce work.
More details in the documents available online on the UNCTAD website: http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Meeting.asp?intItemID=1942&lang=1&m=11908&year=2006&month=12.
Best,

Philippe