[WSIS CS-Plenary] Closure of ICTRC Office in Tehran - Letter for support open for signature

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Fri Jul 13 11:00:55 BST 2007

hi philippe

>A group of NGOs have drafted a support letter regretting the closure
>of the ICTRC office and asking for clarification to the Iranian
>Authorities. You are invited to consider signing this support
>letter. I particularly encourage all formerly CSB members to look
>into it, in support for our partners during the WSIS process.
i'm fairly sure APC can sign on, but let me get back to you on monday

>I'll be happy to forward your signatures to the coordinators of this
>initiative.
>All the best,

who are the coordinators philippe?

and, one comment on the letter - i wonder if the final paragrpah (the
request in essence) couldn't be highlighted right at the top of the
letter also.. i can't imagine the whole 2 page letter being read (sad
as that may be) but having the request at the top may at least
capture the attention of media or other interested parties..

anyway, i leave it with you as a suggestion..

thanks again for alerting us to this - and - aren't you meant to be
on leave? ;)

karen
ps.. also ok with parminder's suggested changes