[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re:Online Atlas of Millennium Development Goals

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 25 23:56:53 BST 2007

>Online Atlas of Millennium Development Goals
>The new World Bank <http://devdata.worldbank.org/atlas-mdg>Online
>Atlas of the MDGs is a visualization of the Millennium Development
>Goals:
>                                 - Explore maps of key indicators for
>each of the eight MDG goals. It is designed to make a wide range of
>data for over 200 economies easily accessible
>                                 - Resize countries to reflect
>comparative values.
>                                 - Zoom in on countries and pull up
>quick tables of supporting indicators
>
>Available in French and Spanish
>
>Website:
><http://devdata.worldbank.org/atlas-mdg/>http://devdata.worldbank.org/atlas-mdg/

This, for me anyway, is a remarkable piece of work.  Such
visualizations are able to bring home realities that otherwise would
be lost.  Let me point at another, related achievement.

	<http://www.gapminder.org/>http://www.gapminder.org/

Hans Rosling and his team have been revolutionary as they make data
accessible.  Try either of the presentations there, also his own
talks.

(I believe it may have been a post to this list that, some time back,
alerted me - if so, this is just a periodic update.)

David