[WSIS CS-Plenary] April fool's day? Was Re: [governance] APC Statement as IGF II closes

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Thu Nov 15 16:01:05 GMT 2007

Linda,

Le 15 nov. 07 à 16:18, linda misek-falkoff a écrit :
> As a P.S., it would be good to have posted some links that you
> consider particularly helpful to learn about  the European or other
> regional courts mentioned,  as per the initial quote in this thread:

There are many of them, not to mention websites of official
institutions. These may certainly be helpful:
- http://www.hrni.org
- http://www.huridocs.org
- http://www.pdhre.org (see re: Internet, PDHRE Statement on Human
Rights, Human Dignity and the Information Society: http://
www.pdhre.org/wsis/statement.doc)

Website of the European court is at: http://www.echr.coe.int

And, I don't want to advertise, but there is this book, too: http://
mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=10871
It covers, chapter by chapter, rights most impacted in the
information society. Some chapters available online:
- Foreword: http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/chapters/0262101157forw1.pdf
- Intro: http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/chapters/0262101157intro1.pdf
- Freedom of expression: http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/chapters/
0262101157chap1.pdf
- Privacy: http://personal.lse.ac.uk/HOSEIN/pubs/mit_chapter_gus.pdf
- Political participation: http://www.ip3.gatech.edu/research/
Right_to_Political_Participation.pdf
- Guarantee rights/rule of law: http://www-polytic.lip6.fr/
article.php3?id_article=82

I would also recommend having a look at the WSIS human rights caucus
work (2003-2006, all docs archived at: http://www.iris.sgdg.org/
actions/smsi/hr-wsis/)

Best,
Meryem