[WSIS CS-Plenary] critique of "One Laptop Per Child" program and introducing new blog on Netizens and the New News

Ronda Hauben ronda.netizen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:12:21 BST 2007

I thought folks would find of interest some observations about the
one laptop per child program that Nicholas Negroponte is involved with. He
recently had a demonstration at the UN of the program.

http://taz.de/blogs/netizenblog/2007/10/24/one-laptop-per-child-can-it-become-a-reality/

Netizen Journalism and the New News
One Laptop Per Child - Can It Become a Reality?

BTW I have just begun a blog "Netizen Journalism and the New News"
"Exploring the impact of the net and the netizen on journalism and toward
a more participatory form of citizenship."
http://taz.de/blogs/netizenblog/

I welcome comments, discussion, posts on related issues etc.

--
Netizens: On the History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet
http://www.columbia.edu/~hauben/netbook