[WSIS CS-Plenary] OECD Civil society reference group & OECD 2008 Ministerial Meeting on the Future of the Internet Economy

Francis MUGUET muguet at mdpi.org
Mon Jun 9 18:52:58 BST 2008

Dear Milton
> [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]
>
> Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of this message!
> _______________________________________
>

> Hi, Francis:
> The Reference Group was meant to be a temporary coalition to identify
> groups in addition to EPIC
I am not a native English speaker, and correct me if I am wrong,
 but the term Referring Group would have better...
If I understand you well,  this group does not constitute the CS
reference for OECD, but a
group whose task is to refer or identify other CS stakeholders willing to
interface with the OECD
Does this correspond to your understanding ?

>  that would make a commitment to put their
> shoulders to the wheel to get the civil society involvement in the OECD
> ministerial started. Before that EPIC (Public Voice) already had an
> established relationship with OECD and had been running the process;
so the referring group task it to refer  stakeholder
 in addition to EPIC (Public Voice)  ?
Is this correct ?
On the WSIS lists, we haven't  heard much from the  referring/reference
group in their
task to refer.... but it is never too late to start
> the
> OECD people wanted more groups involved but didn't know where to start.
> There is no real governance structure for this group. The Public Voice
> list is not run by the Ref Group, it is run unilaterally by EPIC.

There is a PublicVoice list but no referring/reference group list.
Is this correct ?
> As I recall, around the time of its recognition by the OECD meeting in
> OCtober, a French delegate
who may be not aware of WSIS
> gave us a list of French CS organizations to
> contact. They were duly contacted but none really came forward.

I was not among the ones being contacted, neither do seem most of my
friends...

Thanks for the info.

Francis