[WSIS CS-Plenary] this list is in trouble...

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:31:14 GMT 2009

Dear All

[Hi Adam - I am cc'ing as I don't see my own postings, not sure whether
those were the settings or something is happening]

If no-one can subscribe without the moderator, is it not just a question of
unregistering this character?

Best regards,

Rui

On 10/02/2009, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> [Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire list.
> Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for specific people]
>
> Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic translation of
> this message!
> _______________________________________
>
> >[Please note that by using 'REPLY', your response goes to the entire
> >list. Kindly use individual addresses for responses intended for
> >specific people]
> >
> >Click http://wsis.funredes.org/plenary/ to access automatic
> >translation of this message!
> >_______________________________________
> >
> >Charles Geiger schrieb:
> >>  Maybe CONGO could clarify if it they are still managing/moderating the
> >>  list, or if they have put the list on auto-pilot.
> >
> >As far as I know, the list had always been operated and moderated by APC
> >(Karen Banks and Adam Peake used to be the moderators / admins). Karen
> >Banks told me recently that they had agreed to still host it after WSIS
> >2005, but without any moderation. So we are on auto-pilot, it seems.
>

> Near auto-pilot.
>
> Very occasionally check if some important looking message has been
> held or if a real person is trying to subscribe.  But not more than
> every two to four weeks. A lot of spam, not much else.
>
> People should not be able to subscribe without moderators approval.
> I haven't approved anyone for as long as I can remember!
>

> Adam

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
2 Cutten St
Horison
Roodepoort-Johannesburg,
South Africa