[WSIS CS-Plenary] UNESCO - Millennia2015 - Press conference, 06.12.2010

AHM Bazlur Rahman ceo at bnnrc.net
Sun Nov 21 07:20:33 GMT 2010

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Organized under the high patronage of the UNESCO, Millennia2015 "Women actors of development for the global challenges" is a foresight research process launched by The Destree Institute and its international partners in 2007. It is structured through three international conferences related to the three steps of the process: "Information Transfer" (IT) in Liege in 2008, "Knowledge Process" (KP) at the UNESCO in Paris in 2011 and "Intelligence Platform" (IP) at the United Nations in New York in 2015 (www.millennia2015.org/Method).

Millennia2015 works with foresight as a method and the information society as context, in solidarity and interaction with those who do not have any access to the information and communication technologies. The process encourages the participation of women and men from all over the world in building fairer and more ethic futures based on the respect of human rights and diversities, as well as on sustainable development.

It is a pleasure to invite you to the press conference organized by the UNESCO on the occasion of the launch of the international conference "Millennia2015, An action plan for women's empowerment" organized by the Division for Gender Equality of the Cabinet of the Director general of the UNESCO and The Destree Institute in 2010. We will present the Foresight Exercise in which we invite you to participate.

Save the date, the press conference will take place at the UNESCO in Paris, on Monday 6 December 2010, from 2.30 pm to 4.00 pm (Registration at 2.00 pm). We will send the official invitation soon.

Registration is compulsory before the 1st December 2010: www.millennia2015.org/Community_Registration. Every participant will take care of her/his travel costs.

We look forward to welcoming you.

Best regards,

Marie-Anne Delahaut

Marie-Anne Delahaut * delahaut.marie-anne at institut-destree.eu

- responsable de / head of Millennia2015
  http://www.Millennia2015.org/

- directrice de recherche à l'Institut Destrée,
  responsable du pôle Société de l'Information
- director of research at the Destree Institute,
  head of the Information Society Unit
  http://www.institut-destree.eu/
9, avenue Louis Huart - B 5000 Namur, Wallonie
Tél. +32(0)81/234.397.

The Millennium Project * http://www.millennium-project.org