[WSIS CS-Plenary] Re: Translation Issues

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Mon Aug 4 17:20:26 BST 2003

hi alcimar

>And, Karen, speaking by mylself, but in contact witn Sonia, I say "yes" to
>your question. As you can see, there is a demand for Portuguese Translated
>Issues / Documents...
>If you considerate important, I can translate any documents you need into
>Portuguese (e.g. Principle Declaration, Action Plan, Priorities Documents
>are ready to be used by now!)...
>What do you think about this?

sounds pretty good to me! ;)

I think at this point if would be good to form a small translation working
group who can take these issues forward and map out our needs. Translation
solutions will probably end up being a combination of:

- our own voluntary efforts (as in this list)
- seeing what additional services the volunteer networks can provide (ICV
and UNV's Netaid) - for online and onsite translation
- communicating concerns with the WSIS secretariat

So, if there are a few of you who would like to work on this, let me know
(i'm offering to set up a list and support, but not take full
responsibility for..)

In the meantime, what about other issues raised in the coordination proposal?

karen