[WSIS CS-Plenary] PrepCom-3 side events

Renata BLOEM rbloem at ngocongo.org
Sun Jul 20 13:22:08 BST 2003

Dear all,

I hope you made it all safely home or are otherwise relaxing.
A qick response to questions which came up in the last CT-Group regarding
side events during PrepCom-3:
The Secretariat told us that no official side events/roundtables are
planned, because all time and energy will be fixed on the negotiations.
However, NGOs/CSOs who want to organize a lunch time presentation/panel
event can do so, but are responsible for the organization.

CONGO will keep you up date via www.prepcom.net/wsis  where you will find
also complete coverage of the Intersessional meeting.

I would like to thank CS Bureau, CS-CT, caucuses and all who worked hard to
move CS presence forward. Although CS participation is still an uphill
struggle, many governments have recognized the value of our contributions. A
big thanks also to the Secretariat, to Louise and her team, for all her
support.
Have a nice summer!
Best
Renata

Renate Bloem
President of the Conference of NGOs (CONGO)
________________________
Palais des Nations, E2-B
CH-1211 Geneva 10
Tel: +41 22 917 1881
Fax: +41 22 917 0373
E-mail: rbloem at ngocongo.org
Website: www.ngocongo.org
The Conference of NGOs (CONGO) is an international, not-for-profit
membership association that facilitates the participation of NGOs in United
Nations debates and decisions.  Founded in 1948, CONGO's major objective is
to ensure the presence of NGOs in exchanges among the world's governments
and United Nations agencies on issues of global concern. Our broad
membership email-network has become a major source of information for NGOs
active within the United Nations and seeking collaboration/partnerships with
other NGOs of similar concerns.  For more information see our website at
www.ngocongo.org or email congo at ngocongo.org