[WSIS CS-Plenary] CS benchmark document and press statement online, latest analysis from PrepCom3A

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Nov 15 00:12:30 GMT 2003

Hi all,

the prepcom meeting has ended without progress. We have made clear today
that we are working differently and better, and that somehow could be
feeled in the final statements by governments in the plenary. They feel
guilty now for not getting it done, while we are confident in our
abilities and spirit.

I have just uploaded the documents released by us today, and also
written a final analysis of the last days. See
http://www.worldsummit2003.org for more.

Direct links to the documents for your references:
Civil Society Statements on failure of preparatory process towards the
summit
- Essential Benchmarks for WSIS
<http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/CS-Essential-Benchmarks-for-WSIS-14-11-03-final.rtf>

- Press Statement
<http://www.worldsummit2003.de/download_en/CS-press-statement-14-11-03-final.rtf>

All the best from Geneva, and I am really looking forward to see many of
you in December!

Ralf <- off for a beer now