[WSIS-CT] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] FINAL SPEAKERS SUBMISSION

jeanette hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Sun Nov 23 11:23:08 GMT 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:06:49 +0900, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> Sally,
>

>> Wolfgang Kleinwachter
>> ==> [Standby: William Drake (CPSR, Switzerland)]
>>

> I know this was a collective decision by the ad-hoc committee, that the
> task must have been extremely hard (particularly when selecting between
> people we know and like), but I would be grateful if you could explain
> why the caucus' recommendation was not accepted.

I share Adam's concern. In my view the speaker's list doesn't reflect
adequately the debate we had on this list. This concerns the standby
position of William Drake but also the nomination of Richard Stallman.
There has been no consensus on the nomination of Richard Stallman. I wonder
why he was nominated with priority?

Jeanette