[WSIS CS-Plenary] Interested in evaluation of community informatics projects

Tracey Naughton t.naughton at iafrica.com
Tue Nov 25 07:33:05 GMT 2003

Dear Wal

I completely agree that we have not given much airtime to the important
matters of evaluation and research around impact of WSIS outcomes. This is
for obvious reasons related to the political process and negotiations in the
WSIS context which have been all consuming and remain unresolved. There is
still no agreement on a digital solidarity fund or deployment of existing
funds.

None the less we do need to address a form of measurement of results of the
WSIS process. There is the obvious period of measurement between phases of
the Summit. There is some good base line data for Africa held in the UN
Economic Commission for Africa. I imagine that it exists for other regions
but we need to develop a co-ordinated strategy.

A lot of people will be extremely busy at the Summit, myself included, but
in principle I express my interest in touching base on this idea.

Regards

Tracey Naughton

--
Tracey Naughton
WSIS Partnership Manager (Southern Africa)

Phone/fax:    +27 (011) 880 5030
cell:               +27 (0) 82 821 1771
Email:              t.naughton at iafrica.com