Sorry: [WSIS CS-Plenary] registration for WSIS, December

Olivier Nana Nzépa anais_ac at yahoo.fr
Tue Oct 28 17:01:24 GMT 2003

Dear Lisa,
Sorry for the confusion. I thought it's was registration for the fellowship. My answer has nothing to do with the registration for the Summit. My apologies.
Olivier

mclauglm at po.muohio.edu wrote:
Thanks, Olivier, but I'm sure that this is the case for registering
persons for the actual summit. My organization is accredited and has
been registered for Prepcoms 2 and 3. Since the registration for the
summit per se only began on 1 October, I doubt that the deadline has
passed, unless there was only the smallest window of opportunity for
registering participants. This is the registration situation to which
I refer, and, as you can see, on-site registration is possible (I
would just prefer to register my people online prior to the summit):

Geneva Phase of the World Summit on the Information Society
Geneva Palexpo, 10-12 December 2003

INFORMATION NOTE TO DESIGNATED FOCAL POINTS

REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS

Dear Madam/Sir,

Registration of participants
As designated focal point for the participation of your delegation - Union
for Democratic Communications - to the World Summit on the Information
Society, the Secretariat is pleased to provide you with direct access to the
on-line system set up for registration purposes.

The on-line registration system will be available from Wednesday 1 October
2003 at: http://www.itu.int/cgi-bin/htsh/wsis/auth/evrs.registration.wsis03
.

Confirmation of registration
You are kindly requested to register each member of your delegation
individually. When completed, both the focal point and registered
participant will receive:
1) acknowledgement of request to participate in WSIS
2) within a 5-day period, a confirmation letter providing registration ID
number and further useful information. Please note that this confirmation
letter should be carried with the participant to the Summit site and
presented to the WSIS Badging Desk, together with one form of photo
identification, in order to receive a badge. The letter can also be used as
a supporting document to obtain a visa to enter Switzerland.

If required, the Secretariat can provide you with standard, off-line
registration forms. Such requests should be submitted to WSIS_ARP at itu.int.

The Secretariat would strongly advise you to register all members of your
delegation in advance in order to avoid delays upon arrival at the Summit
site.