[WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG Progress Report

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Dec 30 09:46:02 GMT 2004

Wolfgang,

Thank you very much for this.

Could you tell us about the role of observers,
the intergovernmental organizations, who are they
and what rights do they have? I'd guess observers
can be called to speak but otherwise keep quiet,
is that how it works?

And for the open/close session, are onlookers
also bound by the semi-Chatham house rules you
have adopted?

Anyway: substance.

You say "And please, come with concrete, innovative but short papers."

I can think of things I'd like to comment on, but
just writing on some subject and throwing it to
the working group is a bit vague.

Could you --perhaps all of you who joined the
WGIG via the WSIS CS-- tell us what issues you'd
like to hear people's ideas on, what questions
you have that we might all discuss.

Thanks again, and best wishes to all --list
members and WGIG-- for the New Year.

Adam