[governance] Re: [WSIS CS-Plenary] WGIG Progress Report

Martin Olivera martin_olivera at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 31 13:52:57 GMT 2004

 --- Raúl Echeberría <raul at lacnic.net> escribió:
> At 06:46 30/12/2004, Adam Peake wrote:
>
> >Could you --perhaps all of you who joined the WGIG
> via the WSIS CS-- tell
> >us what issues you'd like to hear people's ideas
> on, what questions you
> >have that we might all discuss.
>

> Adam:
>
> Thank you for the question.
> I personally think that it would be very useful to
> have some contributions
> from the CS perspective in governance aspects
> related with many issues in
> which seems to be less expert people in the WG .
> Among other issues:
> Privacy, Intellectual Property Rights,
> Interconnection, Freedom of
> information and media and cybercrime.

Raul, is WGIG talking about Government regulations on
privacy, copyright, patent and trade marks, and
freedom of information and media?

I have understood that WGIG mission had to deal with
technical issues about Internet infrastructure and
growing, but if WGIG is becoming a regulation police
assessment body for Internet, it seems not well
conformed in plurality and diversity for that.

Is the mission of WGIG technical? political? both?
At first it appeared as something against ICANN
single-side regultaion about domain names... but now
you are talking about Internet contents regulation?
how was these transformation? How is CS there
represented in this issues? I hope that other WGIG
member do not speak about "Intellectual Property"
because these terms are defining a political position
against free software community and freedom of
knowledge.

Martín Olivera

=====
SOLAR Software Libre Argentina