[WSIS CS-Plenary] Statement - To be read at WSIS/ITU informal planning

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Feb 22 14:55:45 GMT 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:32:07 -0500, you wrote:

>I think it would be a good idea to read at statement from CS at the
>upcoming informal meeting in tunisia.

It might be a good idea, but perhaps there should first be consensus on what
the civil society should state. Would it just be a generic reminder about
the need for more civil rights? Would it be a request for some specific
actions? What other requests, for example in terms of future WSIS process,
we want to make?

(For what regards the matters I am more familiar with, ie Internet
Governance, I think we should take the opportunity to restate the importance
of adequate civil society representation in the upcoming working groups
organized by the Secretary General of the UN.)
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...